Our central theme is helping organisations prosper, especially when they face daunting challenges. Long ago we started out providing IT related services. We now work primarily at the strategic level. Our clients are mostly large firms (especially multinationals) and UK local government authorities.
Business Strategy and Consulting
Due to confidentiality agreements we are unable to say much about our current topmost projects… yet. These are transformational projects of scale and importance. When we are able to speak freely about these projects, we will.
Matching Needs with Solutions
We value the trust of the executives we work with and maintain our relationships with them. We keep our ears open to stay aware of what they need. We keep our eyes open for solutions they may want, and bring those solutions to their attention when we find them.
As we scan the horizon for solutions, we sometimes find a solution that is highly promising but not quite ready for prime time. In that case we work with creators of solutions to commercialise intellectual property or achieve breakthrough growth. We only take on clients for this where we are convinced that the innovation is worthwhile, needed in the world, and close to ready for prime time.
IT Related Services
When needed, we can provide additional services of a more tactical or technical nature, for which we have a cohort of hand-picked associates. This is a legacy line of business, but we realise we have expertise that is rare, elite, and produces dramatic impact on performance for clients. We keep this arrow in our quiver on behalf of certain clients who cannot get what we deliver anywhere else.
We fit IT to your business needs. New IT is often not necessary. You may be surprised by how much extra yield or cost reduction can come from changes in human procedures and adjustments or modifications to existing IT systems.
In IT we are usually engaged to build or enhance mission critical systems, often with realtime or near-realtime performance demands and crucial interactions with human workflow. We are known for our ability to solve problems that thwart others. Examples of what we can do include:
- Factory yield increased from 85% to 95%, and time-to-ship reduced from 2 days to 2 hours.
- Data acquisition from pharmaceutical tablet production increased by orders of magnitude while eliminating a previously needed extra computer and signal splitters.
- A first of its kind application for the steel industry that enables more production of sophisticated, high quality, high profit margin products.
- A first of its kind application to help a national telecom backbone provider diagnose and resolve network operations issues in a complex SS7 call routing system.
- Downtime reduced by 50% on one platform and 30% on another for the database restructuring that is required every time a national toll-free system introduces new services.