Code of Ethics
Seneschal upholds the ethical standards promoted by the Independent Computer Consultants Association as essential not only for its members but for the computer consulting industry as a whole. Although ICCA closed at the end of 2009, our adherence to the Code of Ethics continues. The Code states:
- Consultants will be honest and not knowingly misrepresent facts.
- Consultants will install and use only properly licensed software on their systems as well as the clients' systems.
- Consultants will divulge any potential conflicts of interest prior to accepting the contract or as soon as possible after the conflict is discovered.
- Consultants will only represent opinions as independent if they are free from subordinated judgment and there is no undisclosed interest in the outcome of the client's decision.
- Consultants will ensure that to the best of their knowledge they can complete the project in a professional manner both in terms of skill and time.
- Consultants will keep the client informed of any matters relating to the contract even if the information is unfavorable, or may jeopardize the contract.
- Consultants will safeguard any confidential information or documents entrusted to them and not divulge any confidential information without the consent of the client.
- Consultants will not take advantage of proprietary information obtained from the client.
- Consultants will not engage in contracts that are in violation of the law or that might reasonably be used by client to violate the law.
The Code is copyrighted 1995 - 2009 Independent Computer Consultants Association. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing. At this time, former members of ICCA have permission to continue using the Code of Ethics.